/* The Malfeasance of St. Louis County: Maybe We're Not so Sure about Rule 26 */

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Maybe We're Not so Sure about Rule 26

[UPDATED:]

I sure hope these people aren't trying to engage in discovery before a pre-trial conference.


Because I don't think my magistrate is going to like that too well.


To my knowledge, the federal rules permit discovery after the answer.

Just sayin'.

[UPDATE:]

Here's this little excerpt from the current motion that I'm working on:
Rule 26(d) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure states that “a party may not seek discovery from any source before the parties have conferred as required by Rule 26(f),” unless “authorized under these rules or by order or agreement of the parties.”  Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(d).

No comments:

Post a Comment